The Florence County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is activated during large-scale emergencies or special events. The EOC is the central location for officials from municipal, state, and federal agencies as well as private entities for coordination and executive decision making in support of incident response and recovery operations, and gather and disseminate information. During larger emergencies, the Joint Information Center (JIC) located in the EOC works to draft and disseminate information to the public. The EOC is also the central point for allocation and deployment of resources to support response and recovery efforts, such as vehicles, heavy equipment, fuel, and other emergency supplies.
- Develops comprehensive emergency response plans and procedures.
- Coordinates the county's response before, during, and after a disaster.
- Conducts training classes and exercises.
- Conducts public awareness campaigns.
- Closely monitors emergency situations and issues advisories as needed via Everbridge.
- Coordinates mass care for disaster victims and restoration of critical public services.
- Coordinates federal and state disaster recovery efforts.
- Operates the Emergency Response Team (ERT), Emergency Operation Center (EOC) Support Team, and Community Emergency Response Team (CERT.